Does the person know that I am requesting
No. Our service is highly confidential and no one knows that
you are requesting for criminal records.
My search returned, "No criminal
records found". Is there any charges for this transaction?
Yes. Even if your search didn't find any criminal records,
you will be charged for service fee, which is not refundable.
I know he or she has arrested before.
Will this appear on results?
That depends on situation. Our service may not retrieve information
just because the person is arrested. Our service retrieves
most convicted Felony and Misdemeanor records.
Is your site secured?
We use SSL(Secure Socket Layer) to protect any information
you provided us. Our website is protected by thawte. And,
we will never provide your personal information to anyone.
I have misspelled person's name. Can
I try it again?
You will be charged for all searches you submitted. Service
fee is not refundable.
Can I use your service without a credit
Criminal-Records-Search.com in certain cases can set up an
account to be invoiced for companies whose credit is approved
by our accounting department. Invoices are due upon receipt.
We also allow users to deposit funds to pay for usage in advance.
Is your records "Official"
No. Almost every state has laws that prohibit the dissemination
of "official" criminal history records to any private
citizen or business. However, Criminal-Records-Search.com
does have the most comprehensive criminal records database
of any Internet site in the U.S.
What is the difference between a Database Criminal search, and an On Premise County Courthouse search?
The On Premise County Courthouse search offers more detailed information, which is as current as can be obtained because the information is retrieved from the source, however it takes more time to conduct the search and the search is limited to a single county.
Database Criminal Search searches several sources to quickly check for any criminal related records, which match your search subject. The disadvantage of database searches is that the records retrieved are often less detailed and not as current as for on premise County Searches.
In other words if you want accuracy then choose the On premise county search and if you want a general search then choose the Database search.
Note: Please keep in mind that records vary by state and different states/provinces provide different information.
What do Criminal Records searched by County Include?
The criminal record is a report obtained from county courthouses listing all criminal offenses committed by an individual during a given period of time. Offenses which are found on the criminal record fall into the following three categories:
(1) Traffic Offenses: Normally, the only traffic offenses that show on a criminal record would be serious offenses such as "driving under the influence" or "hit and run" violations.
(2) Misdemeanors: Usually considered a less serious or minor offense, the misdemeanor is a crime punishable by incarceration, typically in a local confinement facility. The maximum incarceration period is usually limited to one year or less. (A few states classify a misdemeanor as an offense carrying a sentence of two or even five years)
(3) Felonies: These offenses are considered more serious than the previous two categories. Typically, a felony carries a penalty of incarceration from one year to life in a state prison, to the death penalty.
What is your average turn around time in receiving criminal information?
90% of our county criminal record searches are returned to our clients within 2 business days. The remaining 10% can vary from 72 hours to several weeks depending on the states, jurisdiction searched and the records themselves.
I ordered the criminal search on Saturday, and have not yet received your report on Monday, why?
Courts are closed on weekends, therefore your search is not processed until Monday. Please understand the turnaround time is only available on business days.
Can I receive my reports by e-mail?
Yes! All results can be sent via e-mail directly to you.
Are your services completely confidential?
Yes. we do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer outside the company personally identifiable information that visitors voluntarily provide in any registration or order form. The information you provide to us is only used to better understand our visitors use of our services and to support related transactions made on the site.
Will the persons I request background checks on know I requested the information?
No. They do not know who has requested background checks on them, because it is public records.